Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Easter Holiday

No class for three weeks! How awesome is that? Barely a week in and I'm already having a blast. This past weekend Laura made a trip from Spain to visit Scotland and brought along her two friends, Nicole and Nina. Four people crammed into my tiny little room, but we made it work and we sure had fun. Kelsey and I showed them around the city, took them to the North Sea, and enjoyed some delicious cocktails at Slains Castle of course. It was so wonderful to see Laura. For some strange reason, I really miss that little stinker:)

Kelsey and I had a few days after Laura's departure and before my mom and Madeleine's arrival during which we had every intention of being very productive and getting ahead on some school work, but you know, sometimes the world just gets in the way and you realize, "Man, I haven't done a thing." Ah well. We're on holiday. We're not really supposed to be productive.

Tomorrow morning my mom and sister are arriving in Aberdeen for a tour de Scotland, Cantor style. We'll be taking the train into Edinburgh, staying there a few days, then my mom will be driving a rented car (on the left side of the road and on the right side of the vehicle... should be interesting) to take us to Oban, Inverness, and back to Aberdeen. We'll be stopping at castles and lochs along the way, and it's sure to be a grand trip with plenty of antics.

After that, Kelsey and I will again have a few days buffer before our next escapade. Again, we plan on being very productive. We'll see how that goes. Then we two will be journeying to England to see the sights in London and to make a day trip to Salisbury to see Stonehenge(!).

We'll return from our Easter Holiday refreshed, rejuvenated, and ready to tackle the essays we both have to turn in the first week back from break. Until then, it'll sure be fun forgetting about school for a while and having the holiday of our lives. Stay tuned for details on our adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment