Friday, March 5, 2010

Caffeine and favorites.

At the moment, I'm sitting in a coffee shop in city centre. I got a bit of essay writing done, so I've been fairly productive during my time here. However, I also got a bit of latte drinking done and am now pretty heavily caffeinated and my mind is moving at warp speed and I am just kind of like aaaaahhhhhh so I need a diversion so I am writing a blooooooooog! Woo hoo!

It's nice that I am now able to say my favorite this or that about Aberdeen. Favorite pub? Slains Castle. Favorite coffee shop? Kilau. Favorite meal? Macaroni pie. Hm... all of these are food related. For the sake of balance: Favorite building on campus? Kings College. Favorite class? (Of the TWO I am taking.) Victorianism. Favorite place to run? Across the bridge and to the beach! To be able to pick and choose favorites of a place implies a certain level of familiarity. Well, more than just familiarity. Favorites have memories and emotions attached to them. Once you've found them they are like little security blankets. You can depend on them. Oh, those trusty favorites.

Alrighty. Anyone who has ever met caffeinated Mary knows that I am... well, I just react pretty strongly to caffeine. Later dudes.

2 comments:

  1. hmm, love those caffeine blogs! You might have to show me some of your favorites before too long! Or I can show you mine... either way, we all need to meet up.

    ReplyDelete