Saturday, February 6, 2010

"And when you realize there's no sun, go find it somewhere."

After a week of out-of-character-for-Scotland sunny skies, Aberdeen finally cast some gray, drizzly clouds over our heads yesterday. One would think that that murky, monotone gray might have had an equally murky and monotone effect on my mood, but not here. This sort of weather just works for this place. Makes it even more beautiful somehow. And it's so green. Kelsey said it looked like the grass was lit up and it certainly did. There might as well have been light bulbs underground.
I'm starting to feel like I kind of, sort of have my bearings here. At least I've stopped heading out to my classes with my fingers crossed, as if that might somehow increase my odds of finding them. It's a good feeling, to go with confidence. And with all of the ice melted off the sidewalks, my fears are that much farther behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment